Caritas Andorra is the federation of parish Caritas in the Principality of Andorra – one of the smallest countries in the world – and represents them at diocesan, national and international organisations. Andorra has seven parishes.
Caritas Andorra carries out its mission via the Social Action department, the Training and Communication department and the Asset Management department.
Its objectives include assisting and promoting people, and integral development of the dignity of people in situations of insecurity and need.
The social work that Caritas Andorra carries out is wide-ranging and highly diversified. In addition to activities focused on the social integration of people affected by poverty and social exclusion, it also focuses its efforts on promotion and condemnation of the causes of social injustice that generate these situations in the Principality of Andorra.
Caritas Andorra’s action to eradicate poverty also has an international dimension that is expressed via its membership of the Caritas Internationalis network and Caritas Europa.
Its actions include:
- Primary care: welcome, counselling, information and assistance to people in situations of social risk.
- Support: psychological support and legal advice for persons and families in difficulty.
- Volunteering: accompaniment of the elderly and/or sick and promotion of volunteering.
- Clothing: collection, re-use and distribution of clothing and furniture for people with social needs and promotion of responsible management of the environment.
- The homeless: reception of the homeless.
- International cooperation: funding and implementation of development cooperation projects.
- Food banks: provision of food and essential items to people in insecure situations.
- Other: awareness-raising campaigns, the Andorra NGO platform for international emergencies.
Mr Agusti Font Gonzalez
Mr Daniel Arqués