Cité Saint Pierre
Read the statement of the Regional Conference: "Pope Francis' dream of Europe can be reality!"
Visit the photo gallery from the Regional Conference: https://flic.kr/s/aHskAGBKW1
About the Regional Conference 2016
This year's edition of the Regional Conference will be one of a kind! Each Caritas organisation will be coming with a delegation of 8 people, composed of 2 statutory members (2 representatives of the Caritas that have voting right during the voting sesions. These are normally the president and director but can also be represented by a proxy.), 2 staff people (volunteers and employees) and 4 people that are being helped by a Caritas programme. All in all, over 300 people from the Caritas family will come together to share their experiences that will build on Caritas' actions.
Reflect on how we can work on anti-poverty, solidarity and social inclusion across Europe. What will we do at the Regional Conference?
- Use the experiences and stories that will be shared during the event to inspire the way Caritas Europa will work towards its objectives (set in the Strategic Framework 2020).
- (The statury participants will) discuss and approve the Strategic Framework 2020 of Caritas Europa, along with other statutory issues.
- Experience fraternal, cultural and spiritual sharing in Lourdes.
Among other activities, we will visit to our Lady of Lourdes. You can see the sactuary on live streaming via the video below.
During the Regional Conference, participants will have the opportunity to contribute to 4 thematic discussions and workshops. These will be framed in the 3 steps in which Caritas works towards its actions: Listen/See, Judge and Act. The 4 discussion topics will be:
- Family and child poverty.
- Exclusion and extreme vulnerability.
- Participation in the economy.
- Migration and asylum.
Accomodation and all the workshops, discussions and plenary meetings will be organised in
33, av Jean Rodhain - 65 100 LOURDES
Tel : 05 62 42 71 11
Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
This event has received financial support from the European Union Programme for Employment and Social Innovation "EaSI" (2014-2020). For further information please consult:http://ec.europa.eu/social/easi.