The Caritas Europa MAPPING is a very important strategic tool for each and every one of us:
1. It helps your organisation know itself:
How many people are helped through your projects and services in and outside of the country? Who are these people?
The system allows you to extract your information in a structured way, to:
- underpin your national advocacy and policy work
- help better (re)present your organisation
- illustrate national activity reports and communication activities; and
- as a basis for strategic decision making
2. It helps your organisation to become better known.
You can decide to embed your mapping page in your website. This will:
- contribute to your visibility in the country
- support your fundraising efforts
3. It helps you to know other Caritas Europa member organisations:
Who are the colleagues and experts in the network?
You will find the people you need to get in touch with:
- to exchange information, practices and innovation in areas of mutual interest
- in a third country if you plan to start a project there and another Caritas is already present
- for advice and support in a specific working area,
- to set up partnerships for joint projects (EU or other funding )
4. It helps the Caritas Europa Secretariat and other working structures to know the Caritas network in Europa. It will give us information for:
- policy and advocacy work at the European level
- better representation of the network at the European level
- increased visibility of the Caritas network in Europe
Moreover, it will help us to know the areas of intervention of the member organisations, to know who the experts are, and to better target information to the Caritas organisations in Europe.
In addition, our MAPPING is compatible with the International Aid Transparency Initiative (IATI). It will allow you to comply with international transparency and accountability standards – as required by the CIMS.
Today, some 30 Caritas organisations have their credentials and have edited information on their organisation and on their activities.
Go to mapping.caritas.eu to start your mapping experience!
For more information about the mapping, contact:
Institutional Development Officer
Tel: +32 (0)2 235 03 99
Mob: +32 (0)478 58 54 36