The new UN Development framework must benefit primarily the poorest in recognition of their rights. The framework must set out global and national targets that aim at eradicating extreme poverty through a sustainable and equitable global development.
Caritas Europa advocates that:
- The framework is based in full accordance with international human rights laws and frameworks.
- The framework addresses:
- Root causes of poverty and injustice in all countries, from the richest to the poorest.
- Inequity and inequality.
- Environmental sustainability and climate change.
- The responsibility of national governments to manage their natural and financial resources in sustainable ways.
- The responsibility of the international community to support developing countries in the face of global challenges through respecting their commitments on development and through innovative re-distributive funding mechanisms that will generate additional predictive finance.
- The responsibility of developing country governments to deliver on development commitments.